- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dry black beans, soaked and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken breasts, soaked and drained black beans, diced tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, and chicken broth in a slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and the beans are tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve the slow cooker chicken and black bean soup hot, with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
Summary: This recipe for slow cooker chicken and black bean soup is a hearty and flavorful meal that’s perfect for a cold day. The chicken breasts, black beans, diced tomatoes, and spices are combined in a slow cooker for a convenient and easy dinner. Simply let the slow cooker do the work, then shred the chicken and serve the soup hot with your favorite toppings.
Did you try this recipe? We’d love to see how it turned out! Share your photos with us, or let us know if you have any alternatives to the recipe.