- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the saucepan and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in a separate pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thinly slice the chicken.
- Drain the cooked pasta and return it to the pot.
- Add the alfredo sauce and sliced chicken to the pot and toss to combine.
- Serve the chicken alfredo pasta hot, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs if desired.
Summary: This recipe for chicken alfredo pasta is a classic and flavorful meal that’s easy to make at home. The pasta is cooked according to the package instructions and tossed with a homemade alfredo sauce made with butter, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese. Sliced cooked chicken is added to the pasta for a protein boost. This recipe is a simple and satisfying way to enjoy a delicious pasta dish at home.
Did you try this recipe? We’d love to see how it turned out! Share your photos with us, or let us know if you have any alternatives to the recipe.